UPDATE: April 2021
Beginner Dog Obedience Class
Check back for more details.
Cost: $120 for 6 Weeks – from 6:45-7:30 PM on Thursday evenings.
For all breeds/mixed breeds of dogs. Person with dog must be at least 18 years of age.
NOTE: ALL dogs need proof of vaccinations before training.
COVID SOCIAL DISTANCING – Plan on wearing mask and observing onsite training regulations for your safety and safety of our members. Space and time for training is limited and subject to change.
ONGOING DROP-IN & IPO/PROTECTION TRAINING:
IPO is a sport which encompasses tracking, obedience and protection skills. Our program is geared toward teaching the skills needed to trial in IPO. Our Thursday night program focuses on Protection. Please contact the training director about tracking and obedience training opportunities.
REMEMBER TO SIGN-IN WHEN YOU ARRIVE. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO THE OTHER DOG/HANDLER TEAMS USING THE SPACE. EACH DOG IS WORKED INDIVIDUALLY. TIME SPENT ON PROTECTION TRAINING FOR EACH DOG WILL VARY FROM WEEK TO WEEK DEPENDING ON THE GOALS. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR THE DOG TO FINISH EACH SESSION ON A POSITIVE NOTE.
- EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO FOLLOW TOPLINE’S SAFETY RULES
- We recommend you use a crate in your car to contain your dog while waiting for individual training time.
- Dogs must be on leash except when working on off-leash skills and under the handler’s control at all times.
- Please do not allow your dog to socialize with other dogs without first asking permission of the other dog’s handler.
- NEVER ALLOW DOGS TO STARE AT EACH OTHER – that’s an invite to start a fight.
- No petting other dogs without the owner’s/handler’s permission.
- Children must be supervised and under a parent’s/guardian’s control at all times. Please do not allow them to pet or approach any dogs without permission. They must remain quiet and sitting during training.
- Dogs should be encouraged to relieve themselves before being brought to class.
If your dog has an accident you are responsible to clean up thoroughly after your dog.
- When toileting your dog outside, please do not allow them to mark on the building or near the entrance. Please pick up after your dog and deposit waste in the outside dumpster.
- By signing in and paying for training, you are agreeing to TOPLINE’S Liability Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- HAVE FUN AND ENJOY TRAINING!
The goal of TOPLINE’s training program is to provide owners/handlers with the knowledge and resources they need to effectively train their dog in a fun, firm and fair manner. Our classes are not based on a one-style fits all approach. Our experienced trainers will work with you and your dog to accomplish training goals.
Whether you striving for a well-behaved family pet, a competition dog or both, our training programs are geared to provide you and your dog a safe and positive environment.
NOTICE: Topline GSDC of Il., Inc., it’s officers and/or agents reserves the right to refuse to allow any person and/or dog to participate in club training and/or activities in the club, if it’s officers and/or agents believes that the person and/or dogs participation in the club training and/or activities would be disruptive and/or detrimental to the general welfare of the club.